JIRA Server 7.4 Database SQL queries examples

Hi All,

I'm searching for the tables what contains the connection between the components and issues at version JIRAServer 7.4. 

(The be honest, any SQL example can help, due I have to create several queries)

I've found a documentation like this: https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA041/Logging+JIRA+SQL+Queries

which is very helpful but it was 3 major versions ago. The new documentations do not cover this topics and the topology have changed already.

I've only found the DB Schema, but it doesn't help due I do not see any connection points (only the component-project part)

Thanks for any help!

Best: Peter

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 7, 2017

Components are tied to issues via the nodeassociation table.  I can't remember the exact definition of the table (and it might vary by version a bit), but there's a source_node_id and sink_node_id field, one is the issue, the other component id, and then there's a sink_node_entity which defines what type of association it is - I think it's still "component" for components

So something like

select * from nodeassociation where sink_node_entity = 'component' and source_node_id = issue_id

should give you components for a specific issue

Peter Cselotei - Lupus Consulting Zrt_ November 29, 2017

Thank you!

Suggest an answer