JIRA Search Query - How to find who resolved ticket if there is no field resolved by only the status

MOHD AQIB July 19, 2019

Hi,

Could you please let me know how to find who resolved the JIRA as once ticket resolved it will automatic assign back to primary assignee who created the JIRA.

Also there is no field resolved by on ticket so that I can search by.

I can see only in transition who resolved it. Please assist.

Thank You

Mohammad Aqib

4 answers

1 vote
Josh_Kochelek__Modus_Create
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 23, 2019

@MOHD AQIB - To be clear there is no way to do this with an out-of-the-box setup or query. I would suggest talking to your system administrator to create a custom field (or preferably use an existing one) to hold that data and workflow post-functions to capture that data. 

1 vote
Michael Thompson
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 19, 2019

If you have the Enhancer Plugin for Jira app installed, you could add a column to your search results to display the field Last Resolution User.

MOHD AQIB July 19, 2019

how to get that plugin ?

Michael Thompson
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 19, 2019

It's available at the Atlassian Marketplace. Here is a direct link:

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/5139/enhancer-plugin-for-jira?hosting=server&tab=overview

MOHD AQIB July 19, 2019

also i don not have admin access

MOHD AQIB July 19, 2019

Is there any other resolution apart from this

Michael Thompson
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 19, 2019

Ahh, that would be a problem. You will need to work with your Jira administrator to get the app and install it into your Jira instance.

0 votes
Muhammad Ramzan(Atlassian Certified Master)
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 20, 2019

following query will give you the required results which you are looking for.

issue in updatedByUser("username") and resolution was Done

its offered by a third party plugin which i am using for my day to day queries 

They are a lot of extended queries and helped me a lot to resolve a lot of issues. here is the documentation

https://jqlsearchextensions.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/SEARCH/pages/30497099/JQL+Reference+Server#JQLReference(Server)-Updated

0 votes
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 19, 2019

Hi Mohd - Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

You can look at the history of the ticket to see who changed the status to the final one that sets the resolution. 

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 19, 2019

If you want more clarity in the future, you can create a custom field that captures the information. 

MOHD AQIB July 19, 2019

Hi,

Thank you for replying!

But my question was how to get results in search as who resolved that ticket, so that later i can pull report.

Thank You

Mohammad Aqib

Suggest an answer