How can achieve this report?

2 answers

1 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
Niranjan
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 5, 2021

Hi @Sanjay Venkata Kameswara Akondi ,

I am afraid that you could get not these results with the native JIRA features. JQL does not behave like SQL. It returns issues based on conditions and does not provide a view or combined results. 

You can use a JQL like this issueFunction in subtasksOf("key=A-1") that will list all sub-tasks of A-1 with their status. 

issueFunction in subtasksOf("type=Story") will return sub-tasks whose parent is of type Story. 

Thanks, Niranjan. Currently, that is how I am using it. I wanted to know any other ways to handle this situation for the bulk of the tasks.

Like Niranjan likes this
Rahul_RVS_Support
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
July 30, 2021

HI @Sanjay Venkata Kameswara Akondi 

If you would be interested in a ready made solution, You may want to try out our plugin,

Agile Tools : Epic Tree & Time in Status 

The plugin provides complete hierarchy of your issues with their statuses and much more. Our Links hierarchy module allows you to include subtasks in your hierarchy. Which I believe will suffice your requirement.

Along with this the add-on also provides Epic Hierarchy, Multiple (more than 8) Time in Status reports to track your issues and Worklogs report to track time spent each day/week/month, based multiple filters/group

Links Hierarchy.png

0 votes
Daniel Turczanski - __JQL Search Extensions
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
July 6, 2021

You can find all subtasks of a specific issue with this JQL:

parent=ABC-1
parent in (ABC-1,ABC-2)

You can also get all subtasks of issues that match a query with our app:

After you install the app you can simply search:

issue in subtasksOfParentsInQuery("type=Story") and type=Story

to get the full list of stories and their substasks.

Make sure to check out the docs as well.

I hope this solution is helpful to you and others!

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events