JIRA Portfolio is not syncronizing Rank or Sprint. When is this feature going to be added?

IgalNassi May 18, 2015

I am trying to figure out a way to get JIRA utilized for Agile development for a 150+ development team. Given the size of the "portfolio", we need to implement capacity planning based on teams.

JIRA portfolio does this nicely. The only problem is, all that nice work is not feeding into the AGILE boards? This will enforce the workflow of doing the analysis as part of the Portfolio planning and then somehow manually syncronizing the ranks into the AGILE boards so the individual teams can pick their sprints.

Can someone think of a better way to do it? When will the syncronization be available?

Parallel to this, am I doing something wrong? Should I be thinking about different "Projects" in JIRA for each team? Having said that, the EPIC's will need to span across projects. Is that the right way of doing it?

Any help would be much appreciated.

1 answer

0 votes
Red Novility March 8, 2016

Have the same issue.

After changing priorities at Portfolio I got updated due dates for task in JIRA backlog, but not ranking.

It looks obvious for me that ranking is automatically adjusted after re-ordering epics at Portfolio.

Looking forward to hear any suggestions on this.

Suggest an answer