JIRA Filters

Martin Vujcik June 28, 2021

Hello, I need to help with Jira filters. We created a new project and now I need to add filters or change something. Can someone call me? I am on Skype as Martin Vujcik. My email adress is martin.vujcik.external@equensworldline.com

2 answers

3 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 28, 2021

Hi Martin, welcome to the community. Please note that this is a public forum so sharing your email is not generally a good idea. Also as the community is primarily made up of users like yourself we are unable to give you direct phone support. We can’t help by answering questions though. if you can explain a bit more about the filter that you need I’m certain that myself or someone else in the community can answer your question and get your moving again.

Martin Vujcik June 28, 2021

I need to create a filters for every Testcases. For example: there is a MCP Client testing and when I click on it so there is subgroup DZ Bank AG. And in the DZ Bank AG are testcases they are for example validated, obsolite, in definicion and in review - togheter 18 testcases. 

So again: I go to Jira - then to our project (MCP) - then I click on MCP Client testing - then I go to DZ Bank AG - and then I see all the testcases (validated,obsolete...) togheter.

What I need: I need to add filters (filter the validated,obsolete etc.). It means, that I will go to Jira - then to our project (MCP) - then I click on MCP Client testing - then I click on DZ Bank AG - and then I want to have other options - validated,obsolete,in definicion ect.  So I will click on validated and I will see all testcases that are validated for the DZ Bank AG which is also a subgroup of MCP Client testing.

0 votes
Daniel Ebers
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 3, 2021

Hi @Martin Vujcik

are you using a special app for the testcases - then queries might look a bit specialized, but in general queries work using JQL from within Jira.

You have the option to "click" through a valid query for basic tasks or write advanced queries - either way, I suggest taking a look into the documentation:

https://support.atlassian.com/jira-service-management-cloud/docs/use-basic-search-and-filters-to-quickly-find-requests-and-issues-in-jira/

In case you are stuck at a specific point I am sure you can post back here and somebody versed in JQL / complex queries in Jira will help you.

Regards,
Daniel

Suggest an answer