JIRA DataCenter User tier and Add on user tier

Leena Bakshi September 26, 2017

Hi,

Can some one tell me if I go to Jira Datacenter for 1000 users, then my plugins/Addons also need to be on the same user tier? Because there are some add ons that only few handful of users are using but upgrading those to 1000 user tier would be a veryyy high cost.

Also based on the following stats do you think Datacenter is the way for us to go?

Currently we are only 500 users but we might adding few hundred more users ( business users) in Jira either by next year or next to next.

Also I understand that for jira data center its a recurring cost every year .. does it hold true for the add ons also?or Addons are one time and later on we can justget the maintanence cost eg for Zephry or Tempo etc

Thanks2017-09-26_16h19_20.png

Thanks

Leena

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 26, 2017

Your add-on licence needs to match the tier of your data centre install, same as Server.  If you've got 1,000 DC users, your add-ons must be licenced at 1,000 users too.

1,000 users with 200k issues is not usually big enough to look at DC in most cases, you have a way to go before I'd worry about it.

DC and the add-ons are a regular annual cost, yes.

Leena Bakshi September 28, 2017

Nic, we have 500 users currently but thinking to go for DC for 1000 user tier

Suggest an answer