JIRA Dashboards - reorder list

Alena Brezinova January 22, 2018

Hi, How can I reorder the list of Dashboards in JIRA Cloud? 

This article suggests how to do it, using the arrows shown in the Favorite Dashboards, however these arrows do not seem to be present anymore on the new UI?

Thanks.

6 answers

2 votes
Cassandra Miller April 9, 2018

From JIRA:

[A]t this time [it], isn't currently available for the product. However, we do have an open feature request for this here: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSWCLOUD-16621

You can add yourself as a watcher, and vote on it (in order to increase the visibility of this feature request) so that you're notified if this is implemented in a future release. For your reference, you can find our policy on how we prioritize feature and improvement requests at this page. You can also add a comment to the feature request to explain your specific use-case to the developers.

I have also linked this case with the feature request so that the developers can reference it if necessary.

There is a workaround to reorder your favourite dashboards:
If you have the dashboards A, B, C and D.
Favourite them in this order, D, A, C, B, they will be listed in this same order:
Dashboard
D
A
C
B

(Still waiting to find out how to do this for Issues/Filters.)

RentalHost February 6, 2019

I tried this with numbers and it didn't work.

0 votes
Brian Cummings August 29, 2019

The current version (8.2.3) allows you to order your Favorite Dashboard by moving them up and down via chevrons on the right.  They are displayed in the order that you set them on this page.

0 votes
Yuriy Fishman June 10, 2019

I struggled with this for a while and finally there is a solution. You need "un-star" all the dashboards on All Dashboards page and re-star them in the order you want to see it. It's a clunky solution and not particularly friendly one when you want to add a new dashboard to your list, but it works.  

RentalHost June 10, 2019

Thank you!!!

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 10, 2019

yes this has been the workaround many of us have used. Cassandra mentioned this above back in April of last year.

0 votes

There is no way to do this and it's truly awful.  With the number of dashboards we have it's nearly impossible.  I also cannot switch back to the old view in order to reorder things.

0 votes
Matt Doar
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 22, 2018

What an odd thing to remove from Cloud, if it really is gone. Perhaps the underlying URL is still there

secure/ConfigurePortalPages!moveUp.jspa?atl_token=blah&pageId=19930

Just change your pageId?

Alena Brezinova January 23, 2018

Thanks for the suggestion, Matt. Unfortunately no luck. It just redirects back. 

0 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 22, 2018

good question...I haven't done this in a long time. then need hasn't been there for me. It would appear that the new UI has lost this capability as far as I can see.

Alena Brezinova January 22, 2018

Thanks for quick response, indeed it does seems so. Shame as having quite a few dashboards, makes it a lot less convenient to navigate around - would be good if at least they were simply ordered alphabetically, as opposed to based on time created. 
I'd be grateful if anyone has any other suggestions or workarounds? 

Thanks.

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 23, 2018

My only suggestion is to switch back to old, reorder and switch back. :-(

that and open a suggestion for Atlassian to add this into new UI. 

Note, @Matt Doar suggestion should work but need to get the right url whcich you should be able to discern via old UI. 

Alena Brezinova January 23, 2018

Thanks, done it by switching off the new version and then changing it... definitely not the most user friendly solution but it worked. 

Hopefully will see it in the new UI soon.

A.

At least something worked!

Suggest an answer