JIRA Customer portal - Turning off some project

Catherine.dicaire May 20, 2021

Hi,

We have several project and some that are under construction, but somehow we can toggle of some of the project on the customer portal which is very annoying and unsightly.

We remove all portal related ticket autorisation for the 3 projects we don't want showing up, but there are still there...

https://support.atlassian.com/jira-cloud-administration/docs/hide-a-project/

I'm not that new with Jira, but shouldn't be a basic feature? Why can we just remove a project from the portal???

Thank you!

2 answers

0 votes
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 20, 2021

Hi Catherine,

Try removing the Browse Project permission for everyone except Administrators in the Permission Scheme for that Project. See if that helps. 

The other things is to remove all of the Request Types from the portal view. The project will still show up, but there won't be any other options under there if someone clicks on the project.

Finally, vote for this feature request and follow for updates:  https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSDCLOUD-4642

I did this, the project are indeed empty and no request can be made, but I don't want them to appear to our customer.

Can't be that complicated to edit the customer portal...?

Thank you

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 20, 2021

I don't think you are going to be able to do anything further until the Request above gets completed.  :-(

0 votes
Callum Carlile _Automation Consultants_
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 20, 2021

@Catherine.dicaire A user will always see the project in the portal if they have the permission to. If a customer or service agent has the Browse Issues permission in the project's permission scheme, then they will be able to view the project within the portal. If they then have the Create Issues permission as well, they will be able to raise a request.

You can hide the forms within the portal, but not the project's portal itself - that is hidden by the correct setting of the project permission

As an admin, if I remove every authorization related to the customer portal, should I still see it? 

It end up giving me an error message :
Capture.JPG

I have the option to «Fix issue» which only revert back the change I made to the authorization for the project and doesn't help me at all...

Suggest an answer