JIRA Board Slide Out Notifications

David Nguyen December 10, 2021

Is there a setting to turn off the annoying slide out notifications that appear on the bottom left corner.

This is one of the worst changes made to JIRA software.

They pop out at the bottom blocking the view of tickets and each has to be dismissed.

If there's no setting, there should be one to turn it off.

Use-case: I'm conducting a grooming session and working on the backlog which is at THE BOTTOM. Every change I make to an issue produces a slide out notification blocking the view of the tickets in the backlog.

4 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
David Nguyen December 12, 2021

Here's a simple solution specifically for Chrome browsers.

https://github.com/wwwXpert/chrome-ext-jira-notifications-off

Pull the content into folder named "chrome-extension"

Update the manifest.json file line "matches" and enter your Atlassian Cloud domain.

More details are provided in the README.md

Open Chrome > More Tools > Extensions > Turn on Developer Mode

Drag the folder "chrome-extension" into Chrome.

Enable the extension and pin it to your browser.

Visit your Atlassian Cloud site and click on the Atlassian JIRA icon to turn off JIRA Notifications.

Private April 13, 2022

You have been infinitely more helpful in one stroke than every attempt I've ever made to obtain help on this or any product.  Thank you and salute. o7

Like David Nguyen likes this
0 votes
Dave W November 14, 2022

Any news on where this config item is at yet?

Our organisation as a whole find it so annoying.

0 votes
Ben February 9, 2022

Agree these are so annoying. At least make them disappear after 5 seconds or something. Is there a feature request related to this?

Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 10, 2022
Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 15, 2022

The issue link I found and posted above has now been closed as a duplicate of another newer issue that is currently still open.

https://codebarrel.atlassian.net/browse/AUT-1958

0 votes
Chris Buzon
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 10, 2021

That's just where it appears, unfortunately - I don't think there is any way to change that on cloud (at least not that I know of)

All 4 corners of the screen have scenarios where the notification gets in the way.

Thanks Chris for confirming.

I searched and couldn't find a setting to turn off the notifications either.

A hack work-around is to use a local Chrome browser extension in developer mode to disable/suppress the notification DOM element via javascript; but I'd rather have access to a checbox to turn them off.

Do Atlassian employees participate in these forums? If so I'd like to ping one of them as a feature request.

Cheers and thanks again!

Bump

Chris Buzon
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 10, 2022

Yup, they do - but there is no guarantee they'll see it.  There are a huge number of questions and suggestion for their products.

You'll should do so through this method instead:

https://jira.atlassian.com/secure/Dashboard.jspa

(top right corner is the how-to for feature suggestions)

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events