Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

JIRA Board Slide Out Notifications

Edited

Is there a setting to turn off the annoying slide out notifications that appear on the bottom left corner.

This is one of the worst changes made to JIRA software.

They pop out at the bottom blocking the view of tickets and each has to be dismissed.

If there's no setting, there should be one to turn it off.

Use-case: I'm conducting a grooming session and working on the backlog which is at THE BOTTOM. Every change I make to an issue produces a slide out notification blocking the view of the tickets in the backlog.

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted

Here's a simple solution specifically for Chrome browsers.

https://github.com/wwwXpert/chrome-ext-jira-notifications-off

Pull the content into folder named "chrome-extension"

Update the manifest.json file line "matches" and enter your Atlassian Cloud domain.

More details are provided in the README.md

Open Chrome > More Tools > Extensions > Turn on Developer Mode

Drag the folder "chrome-extension" into Chrome.

Enable the extension and pin it to your browser.

Visit your Atlassian Cloud site and click on the Atlassian JIRA icon to turn off JIRA Notifications.

0 votes
Chris Buzon Community Leader Dec 10, 2021

That's just where it appears, unfortunately - I don't think there is any way to change that on cloud (at least not that I know of)

All 4 corners of the screen have scenarios where the notification gets in the way.

Thanks Chris for confirming.

I searched and couldn't find a setting to turn off the notifications either.

A hack work-around is to use a local Chrome browser extension in developer mode to disable/suppress the notification DOM element via javascript; but I'd rather have access to a checbox to turn them off.

Do Atlassian employees participate in these forums? If so I'd like to ping one of them as a feature request.

Cheers and thanks again!

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Jira Software

👋 Looking for 15-20 volunteers to test Atlassian training content

Hi everyone! Are you interested in beta testing Atlassian University’s newest (unreleased!) training course? We’re looking for 15-20 volunteers to test our newest training course, Basic reporting...

783 views 24 28
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you