JIRA Agile blocks JIRA startup after JIRA 5.2.11 to 6.0.7 upgrade

Anandhi A October 26, 2013

Hi,

We upgraded JIRA from 5.2.11 to 6.0.7.

While JIRA initially appeared to start ok, subsequent restarts resulted in JIRA appearing to be running, but not serving any content.

Removing the Agile 6.3.1 plugin seemed to resolve that, and JIRA was able to be restarted.

When we now attempt to install Agile, we get a stuck "Downloading and installing" popup from UPM. Agile appears to be present, but missing sprints.

Thanks.

4 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Anandhi A October 29, 2013

I raised a support ticket in atlassian and they replied as follows.

"After investigating this fully, this is a bug in JIRA Agile and I've raised a bug for it under GHS-9991. The problem is you have 22k fixVersions, which is a huge amount!

The workaround to the bug is contained with that issue - please take a look to see how to get JIRA Agile up and running. Long term please review the way your fixVersions are being created as we don't expect JIRA to have that many."

Thanks Norman and Marcus. :)

1 vote
Norman Abramovitz
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 26, 2013

If you have not fixed your issue yet, there was an install issue using UPM with Greenhopper(Agile). Try a manual install for Greenhopper.

0 votes
Marcus Silveira
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 26, 2013

Hi Anandhi,

Try shutting JIRA down, removing all jar files with Greenhopper or agile in it's name from the $JIRA_HOME/plugins/installed-plugins directory, download the latest file from Atlassian Marketplace and add the new file to the directory, start JIRA again and re-index.

Hope this helps,

Marcus

0 votes
Anandhi A October 26, 2013

The Greenhoppergets stuck even after re-indexing. Please tell me how to fix this.

Suggest an answer