JIRA Agile Sprint release tagging

VitalHub Corp. February 23, 2014

Hello,

I have a question about workflows and automation for JIRA Agile. I have a workflow where our development teams use the sprint to resolve stories and bugs. Once the issue is "Resolved", it does not go through to the next sprint. The QA team then needs to take the issues that have been Resolved during the sprint and verify/close them. If there are any issues with the stories, the QA team can file bugs for future versions. My question is: once I close the sprint in the dev team board, I want all those issues to automatically be tagged as "finished in sprint" (or something similar) and then have the QA board automatically pick those issues up, if the filters are set up correctly for the QA board.

I hope you understand what I mean and can help me out with this.

Thanks.

1 answer

0 votes
Pablo Beltran
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 23, 2014

Do you really need to do it automatically?

Why is not enough run a JQL query to get the resolved issues for the closed Sprint?

sprint = 1 and status = Resolved

Then the QA team can explore and interact with those issues on the JIRA issue search view and verify/close...

Unless I miss something, I do not see too much differences among your automation requirement and running the query above.

VitalHub Corp. February 24, 2014

The query above would return to me the issues that are still in the active sprint. If Sprint 1 is still active, that query would return all those issues to me. I'm looking to make the board pick up the issues only once the developer sprint has been closed.

Suggest an answer