JIRA Agile(On Demand):Not applicable fields appearing as mandatory on the custom sub task screen.

Jimmy Francis April 4, 2015

Not applicable fields appearing as mandatory on the custom sub task screen.

Background:

I created a new custom screen and tagged it a new custom issue type field. Created new custom fields and created one new Field Scheme for fields and workflows. This field scheme has around 10 new custom fields that are made mandatory.

I created a new custom screen for sub-task with just 2 fields (Summary and assignee).

When I create an issue and then create try to create a sub task (new screen above with 2 fields), it does not allow me to submit the sub-task saying that there are other fields that are mandatory. They are infact the mandatory fields on the custom create issue screen. That seems to be kicking in, in the background for the sub-task screen too, even though the sub-task screen has only 2 Non- mandatory fields.

Can you please advise what is missing in the configuration?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 4, 2015

You need to split the "field configuration" up - copy the one you are using in the project, set the problem fields as optional, and then change the "field configuration scheme" so that it uses the new scheme for the sub-tasks.

Jimmy Francis April 5, 2015

Hi Nic,

You mean have 2 field configurations for the project, one for main create flow (with mandatory fields) and the other for sub-task(without mandatory fields) at the same time? As suggested, I copied the one I was using for the project, set all fields as optional and associated it to the sub-task. But the project allows me to associate only one "field configuration scheme" at a time. I need those mandatory fields for the custom created create screen. So is the below possible

1. Create ticket action with custom defined screen & fields ( with some fields as mandatory) - Have one "field configuration scheme"
  2. Create sub-task: have a custom defined screen with 2 new fields ( non mandatory) - Have a second "field configuration scheme".

Now, will I be able to associate BOTH the "field configuration scheme" to the project at the same time? Can you please let me know how to achieve this? ( as I need those mandatory fields too)

I really appreciate your help.

Thanks again Nic

Jim

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 5, 2015

You're mixing up "Field configuration" with "Field configuration scheme". And screens are irrelevant here (they are lists of fields to show a user at a certain point, they have nothing to say about optional/mandatory) A "Field configuration" is a list of fields, with their renderer, optional/mandatory, and visible/hidden flags A "Field Configuration scheme" tells a project "for issue type X, use field configuration A and for issue types Y and Z, use field configuration B" So, what you need to do is have two field configurations - one for all the parent type issues, and another for the sub-tasks. Then your "field configuration scheme" will say something like * Default: Main field config * sub-task: field config for subtasks * techinical task: field config for subtasks

Jimmy Francis April 6, 2015

Hi Nic, I could get it resolved. Thanks a tonne!! Really appreciate it On the informal note, I was attending an atlassian session and your name did come come up as one of the connoisseurs in this space :) Thanks, Jim

Suggest an answer