JIRA Agile Notifications

Leo Adamek December 19, 2014

There are some events in JIRA agile we want to run notifications on.

For example, customers submit issues via a JIRA Service Desk, some of which are change requests.

When an issue is moved to a sprint, we want to add a comment to the ticket stating that the issue was moved into the sprint, and have that e-mailed to the reporter – So that they know their issue has been planned and when we expect to be working on it.

I can't find any events for this in notification schemes though – or anywhere to add them…

-Leonard

1 answer

0 votes
Paula Silveira
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 19, 2014

Hi Leonard,

You can set notifications to be sent when someone adds a comment to the ticket.

• Access JIRA as administrator
  • Click on cogwheel icon
  • Click on Projects
  • Click on the Service Desk Project you want
  • Click on notifications
  • Click on Actions then select Edit notifications
  • Click on Add next to "Issue Commented" (or another)
  • Select Reporter then click on Add

With these steps, the user who reported the issue will receive an e-mail when issue is commented.
You can also set a whole group to receive it, it's your choice.

Thanks and regards,
Paula Silveira

Paula Silveira
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 19, 2014

If you set notifications to be sent when someone updates the ticket, the user will receive an e-mail informing the status also.

Yes but then this means adding a comment every time we put a ticket into a sprint, we want to send a notification, or have the issue automatically commented on when the issue is placed in the sprint.

How would the spring be presented to the user in service desk?

Paula Silveira
Atlassian Team
December 19, 2014

I understand now. I found a workaround on https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/298955/how-to-get-notified-when-issues-are-assigned-to-a-sprint. Sprint notifications are not supported, however, there's a request for that https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/GHS-6395.

Leo Adamek January 16, 2015

This doesn't seem to be available for my JIRA onDemand install, how would I do this in JIRA onDemand?

Suggest an answer