JIRA Advanced query | Filter by user + time-frame (hours and/or day)

Sara Dufour April 15, 2019

Hi,

I'm a complete beginner on Jira and I'd like to have analytics (or at least a search result) on a user's activity.

I was thinking of a query to see what "Bob" did on Jira after 7 pm and on weekends over the last X months. The goal is to point out, evaluate and address (potential) unusual workload.
Is it possible? If so, is there a tutorial somewhere?

Many thanks!

2 answers

1 vote
David Hibler April 16, 2019

Sara, you could also create a custom JQL filter and save it under Issues and Filters.  I have one for my stand up meetings, but I tweaked it to more closely match your requirements.  This will show everything the user updated for the past 30 days that isn't a story.

assignee = john.doe AND updatedDate >= -30d AND Status != Stories ORDER BY Project, Status ASC

0 votes
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 15, 2019

Hi Sara - Welcome to the Community!

Maybe try adding an Activity Stream gadget to a Dashboard. See the screenshot below. It would give you only selected times, but hopefully you can quickly scan it to see the time or even do a CTRL F to look for times maybe. 

Hope this helps a little!

Activity Stream.PNG

Suggest an answer