JIRA Administrators global permission

Hema Roshini October 31, 2017

I am unable to find 'System' options under settings.. And also unable to edit any Project level settings. I have JIRA admin access.

Not sure if it is relevant to Global permission, which I am not sure how to set it up.

JIRA Administrators Global Permission?

2 answers

0 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 31, 2017

@Hema Roshini, adding to Nic’s note here. You indicate you have JIRA admin access but cannot edit project settings which you should be able to do. Can you provide more info here? What are you trying to change? It might help if you show an image of your actions.

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 31, 2017

Jira has three levels of admin - System, Jira and Project.

To get System admin, another system admin will have to add you to one of the groups named in the global permission for system admin.  You will NOT get this on Cloud, it is restricted to Atlassian only.

To get Jira admin, another Jira admin, system admin, or site admin has to add you to one of the groups named in the global permission for Jira admin

To get project admin, you need to be added to the project role or group, or other thing that will get you "project admin" permissions as defined by the project's permission scheme.

Suggest an answer