JIRA Activity Stream gadget empty after upgrade to 7.4.3

Alexey Poltavets September 5, 2017

Hi,

After upgraded Jira to 7.4.3 activity stream become empty.

As suggested at https://community.atlassian.com/t5/JIRA-Software-questions/JIRA-Activity-Stream-gadget-empty-after-upgrade-to-7-4-2/qaq-p/628206, I have restarted Jira, no result.

Any suggestions, how to fix this?

6 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Alexey Poltavets September 7, 2017

Upgraded to 7.5, the problem still remains ...

David Headley September 8, 2017

I was about to try that, but now I'll wait. Please post again if you determine a solution or find errors being thrown in a log.

Ashley Watson September 10, 2017

Saw the problem on 7.4.2 - can't see any errors in logs, We have now upgraded to 7.5 - same issue. Next step Atlassian support.

I have logged a ticket with Atlassian( GHS-93402) and attached my support bundle to the ticket.

Alexey Poltavets September 11, 2017

I couldn't see any errors in my logs either ...

David Headley September 12, 2017

Thanks for the update. I also submitted a support ticket earlier this week.  It is still under investigation.  I'll let you know if I make any progress.

Ashley Watson September 12, 2017

Our production system is running 7.2.7 and this is running fine, so the issue was introduced somewhere between 7.2.7 and 7.4.2. status on my ticket - "Atlassian investigating.."

Ashley Watson September 14, 2017

good news for us. We've just received a pointer from Atlassian support to this; https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRASERVER-64917

There was a change in behavior starting with 7.3.2.

We ran the powershell command on our system and rebooted and the issue is now resolved;

Set-ItemProperty -Path HKLM:\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\HTTP\Parameters -Name UrlSegmentMaxLength -Value 4096

Alexey Poltavets September 14, 2017

Ashley, thank you for your efforts! 

The workaround worked well for us!

0 votes
Gaston Valente
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 9, 2017

Alexey, maybe this is caused by an old unsupported plugin in the new version, can you post some logs?

Alexey Poltavets September 9, 2017

I would appreciate your help, Gaston!

Please, find a support dump at https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B2JMhw2lhgXqSXV5THkzd0FqVU0/view?usp=sharing

0 votes
Alexey Poltavets September 6, 2017

I see that this or similar bug has been reported a long time ago with no fix yet.

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRACLOUD-66937

Disappointing ...

Christopher Hähnel September 14, 2018

Hex there @Alexey Poltavets

I came across your topic because I have the same problem after upgrading from 7.4.2 to 7.12.0. The activity stream is simply empty. There is no error message all logs look normal. All pages are working. Did you solve the problem in the meantime? I would be very grateful for an answer.

Christopher Hähnel September 14, 2018

Sorry, I overlooked the solution.

0 votes
David Headley September 5, 2017

I am having the same issue since upgrading to 7.4.2.  Restarting JIRA and Re-Indexing did not solve the issue.

0 votes
Alexey Poltavets September 5, 2017

Gaston,

This was the first I tried ...

I assume the problem is connected in some way to the fact that my Jira instance is integrated with IIS and using SSL. The strange thing is that everything worked fine before and the problem appeared after it's been upgraded to version 7.4.3. All connection settings were copied from the previous version. Jira does not complain of misconfiguration, everything looks quite good, except the Activity Stream gadget.

0 votes
Gaston Valente
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 5, 2017

Alexey,

Is the index in good health? did you try a reindex?

Suggest an answer