Issuse status closed, but not solved

Holger Hildebrandt November 17, 2013

Hello,

I had a mistake in the design of a new workflow.
Now an issues status says "closed" but the solution says "not done" .. i have the german translation of JIRA, so perhaps my translation here is wrong...

I changed the workflow, but the issuse still remains "not done" and i've not found a way to change it now.

Is there any chance to change it's solution to "done"? Or will ist be displayed "not done" untill the end of days !?

Attention:we use JIRA OnDemand

Thank's for your answers, sorry, i have no karma to spend...

Greetings,

Chris

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Christian Czaia _Decadis AG_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 17, 2013

Seems like you're able to edit the issue after all... Place the resolution field on the edit screen temporarily, edit the issue (or do a bulk edit) and drop the field...

Christian Czaia _Decadis AG_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 17, 2013

BTW, even if you can't add an outgoing transition you can alway set up a global transition temporarily (in your workflow designer / restrict it to administrators ), add the screen/ post-function and delete the transition afterwards. I do that a lot :-)

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Advanced+workflow+configuration#Advancedworkflowconfiguration-common_transitionsWorkingwithcommonandglobaltransitions

Holger Hildebrandt November 18, 2013

Ok, this worked.

I added the filed "solution" to the Default Screen and
Workflow Screen and was able to edit it. Then i changed its value and dropped the field from there screens.

Thanks a lot.

Chris

1 vote
Rahul Aich [Nagra]
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 17, 2013

Hi Christian

What i understand from your request is that you want to update the resolution to Done but you cannot achieve it as your issue is now closed.

Two things you need to do here,

1. Remove the jira.issue.editable=false key from the closed issue status. This will allow you to edit closed issues.

2. It seems that the workflow you are using is not asking you to enter a resolution when you are moving the issue to resolved/closed status. For this you need to create a screen which has resolution field in it and associate it with the transitions leading into the resolved/closed status in your workflow.

Rahul

Udo Brand
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 17, 2013

Hi Chris,

Rahul has it right. But insead of his first step I would add a transition from Closed to Closed (using the screen with the resolution field) and set a condition that only admins can do this. So you can prevent that a non admin user is going to edit closed issues while those issues are editable.

Hi Udo,

i cannot add another transition to the "closes" status in the the workflowdesigner (errormessage) :(

That would have been an easy solution..

Hello Rahul,

thank you for your response.
I allready changed the workflow, so the problem will not occur again.

But it seems in JIRA OnDemand i cannot change the "editable" value from the closed issue status. Any idea or suggeston where i can find this value?

Rahul Aich [Nagra]
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 17, 2013

Hi Christian

I feel you can follow Udo's option here. Thats a better solution to prevent editing closed issues.

If however you want to edit closed issues by removing the condition jira.issue.editable=false then you can find that option by clicking on edit on your workflow and clicking on on the view properties button on your status Closed.

Hi,

I searched for the value, but still cannot find it. The closed status in the workflow designer has no additional properties. The properties are empty..

Or is this the wrong place to change the properties?

Thanks

Chris

Udo Brand
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 17, 2013

Hi Chris ,

since you can't add an outgoing transition to a status which has no outgoing transitions in an active workflow do following.

Make a copy of your Workflow, add this transition and then replace the original workfloe with this copy.

Udo Brand
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 17, 2013

Hi Chris,

that would be the place.

Once you click on the cog of the closed step, you got three options (delete step, View properties and issue editable. Try the third one, since by default issues aren't editable in Closed status.

Suggest an answer