Come for the products,
stay for the community

The Atlassian Community can help you and your team get more value out of Atlassian products and practices.

Atlassian Community about banner
Community Members

Community Events
Community Groups

Issues with using "Bulk Change Tool > Add Tests to Cycle" not adding Tests to different Projects

Hi,

I am currently using JIRA v8.3 and we are trying to use the "Bulk Change" tool and the option "Add Tests to Cycle".  Within the change tool wizard you can select the TCs you wish to add, then you can select the "Project", "Cycle", "Test Folder" etc.

This all seems to work perfectly.  I get the 100% progress at the end of the wizard but when I check the new project space, the tests have not been copied over.

Has anyone else come across this before?

1 answer

0 votes

Hi Ellen,

It appears you're using some testing tool. Are you able to confirm which one? Zephyr?

Some things I'd check are (user) global permissions - who has permissions to add tests, is it a group, or a role? Do you (or whoever is doing the Bulk Change) have that role in the target project?

Is the test app enabled for the target project? If you've created new projects, tests may not automatically be enabled for the new projects.

Let us know how you go :)

Hi Jimmy,

Thanks for reaching out.

Yes we are using Zephyr to load and control our test cases.

I can confirm that I have access to create, remove test cases in both projects spaces (I am assigned as the project lead for both spaces).

When I use the Bulk Change tool to "add tests to cycles" within the same project space the tool works. It only appears to be when trying to add the test to a different space (which the toll allows me to select).  Both spaces also use the same workflows so that isn't different to cause an issue.

I am also facing the same issue... "Copy To Cycle" feature doesn't work from 1 project to another.

Suggest an answer

TAGS

Atlassian Community Events