Issues of certain statuses not displayed on board although found by the board filter.

Christian Sieber July 8, 2021

Hello everybody,

we've enhanced our story workflow by adding new statuses. Although issues having these statuses are found by the board filter (validated on "Search for issues" page), none of these statuses are displayed on the column-configuration-page of the board.

We've re-indexed the project already.

What may be the reason for that?
Thanks for your replies.

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Christian Sieber August 30, 2021

Our consultants found an official bug report describing the situation. There is also a workaround provided, which works for us: JSWSERVER-11623 

Therefore I'll mark this as an answer.

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 30, 2021

Nice! Thanks for sharing here

Like Christian Sieber likes this
0 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 8, 2021

Have you mapped these new statuses to columns on your board? Go to board settings then columns and check if you see statuses that are unmapped that should be mapped.

Hello @Jack Brickey 

thanks for your reply and your time.

A mapping of these new statuses is not possible as these new statuses are not displayed in the unmapped status list at all.

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 8, 2021

But you are sure the new workflow is published? It would seem so based on you stating the board’s filter displays issues with new statuses. I cannot understand why the new statuses would not be showing in either the unmet column or one of the board columns. Just for grins I wonder if you create a new board what the results would be. 

feel free to share screenshots of board, filter and column views.

Hello @Jack Brickey , yes the workflow is published, as the issue (=story) can be transitioned to the status we want.

I could narrow down the situation:

When I create a new scrum board from scratch from an "existing project" the statuses are shown in the board configuration.

Next I checked the board's filter, again. It is:

project = PROJECTID AND NOT (type = Story AND status = OPEN) AND (sprint != 8852 OR sprint is EMPTY) ORDER BY Rank ASC

When I strip to

project = PROJECTID AND (sprint != 8852 OR sprint is EMPTY) ORDER BY Rank ASC

the missed statuses are shown in the unmapped status column in board configuration and the missed issues in the board itself.

unmapped-status.png

This situation seems strange to me, because the Story I used for this scenario has status "Ready for Storytime" but not "Open"

story-4508.png

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 8, 2021

And if you drop the sprint part what happens….

project = PROJECTID AND NOT (type = Story AND status = OPEN) ORDER BY Rank ASC

In that case the statuses are still missing:

status-missing.png

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 8, 2021

Agree this is just weird or I’m missing something basic here. In an effort to continually isolate the problem what about this?

project = PROJECTID AND status != OPEN AND (sprint != 8852 OR sprint is EMPTY) ORDER BY Rank ASC

This should work but would result in exclusion of non-story issues in Open status which I imagine is undesirable. 

project = PROJECTID AND status != OPEN AND (sprint != 8852 OR sprint is EMPTY) ORDER BY Rank ASC

All statuses are displayed as desired.

Suggest an answer