Issues not shown in Work Rapid Board when swimlanes by Epic

Andrew Cohen March 18, 2014

I have 15 issues in my current sprint in the Plan Rapid board, but when I switch to the Work board, and I have swimlanes set to "Epic", then I only see 2 issues on the Work board, and it does not show the Epic name to the right.

If I switch to swimlanes by "Assignee" or no swimlanes, then I see all 15 Epics in the Work board.

Also in the Plan board, I do not see any Epics down the left-hand side, even though when I look at the board filter lots of issues have Epic Links.

Note I did just separate out my project into 2 boards, 1 with component != Testing, the other with component = Testing.

1 answer

0 votes
Andrew Cohen March 18, 2014

I figured it out - Epics don't have the field component by default, and that is what we are using to split the 2 boards.

So the first fix was to add "OR component is empty" to the main board.

The second fix was to set the Component field on the 2 Test team epics, which cannot be done via a normal edit so I had to use the Bulk Edit.

It is shame now that I cannot have an Epic across both boards on the same project -- or maybe I can??? Just add an "OR issuetype=Epic". I know that Issues can only be on one board but I wonder if Epics can be on multiple boards (with different sprints). So I will leave the question open if anyone knows the answer to this:

Can a single Epic be on multiple boards with different sprints?

Using JIRA 5.1.4/Jira Agile 6.3.2.2 if that makes a difference.

Suggest an answer