Issues not showing up in Plan view of Rapid board

Bernard O'Flynn March 22, 2012

I have created a new Scrum rapid board. Pointed it at the project in Jira. Created a filter that brings back all user stories and defects in rank order that aren't closed.

When I click on the filter from the rapid board, it takes me to the Issues tab and shows me all the issues.

However in the Plan view of Rapid board I don't see any issues? I've shared the filter with all groups of the project.

7 answers

1 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
Renjith Pillai
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 22, 2012

While in the Configure mode of the Rapid Board, in the Columns tab, are there any unmapped statuses which your issues are actually belonging to? In that case you will have this behaviour. If issues are in an unmapped status, it won't appear in the planning board. The Configure view (Columns tab) also shows the number of issues in those statuses in brackets.

0 votes
Claudio Medina April 20, 2014

This is a bit related to my issue here
https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/285880/how-to-change-status-from-backlog-to-open<br< a="">>
I think that an alternative we should have is for issues to transition into another status when they are included in a sprint. It wouldn't work for all the cases, of course.
But that way I wouldn't have to map my backlog status to some column, which as said before by another user, is undesirable for filter matches. And instead they can change to some other status like open when included in the sprint?

0 votes
Michal Graves April 20, 2014

I am having an issue where my issues are not showing in the Plan view of the board, but show up in the work view. I have looked at the columns in the configuration and all the statuses are mapped. At a loss.

Aidan Roberts December 1, 2016

Also having this issue. Did you ever find a fix that wasn't un-mapped statuses Michal?

0 votes
Susanne Harelius [Riada]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 24, 2013

I also agree with Peter :) It is always hard to find out why all issues are not shown in the board but in the filter.

0 votes
alan lippa November 6, 2012

I happen to agree with Peter so how do I get around that fact that I mapped all status and still nothgin shows on the work board?

0 votes
Peter Gaines September 6, 2012

Thanks for the response Shaun.

I see your problem and the warning will definitely be useful but surely the contents of the Backlog shoudl be independent of the Work mode view and hence everything that matches the filter should be displayed??

An alternative solution would be to display all filter matches on the plan mode and then display a warning in the work mode if issues in the Sprint are not displayable due to their status not being mapped to a column.

Thanks,

Peter

0 votes
Peter Gaines September 5, 2012

Is this intended behaviour - it is very frustrating as the only workaround for our process is to create an additional column on the Work mode for the unmapped statuses. The column will usually be empty once we gave started the Sprint but it ensure that the Backlog displays all of the issues that result from the filter.

It is counter-intuitive for the results of the filter and the contents of the Backlog not to match. Is there any intention to modify this behaviour as I think it qualifies as a bug?

sclowes
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 6, 2012

Yes, it is definitely intended behaviour. The problem is that if we showed issues that were not in a column mapped to work mode, what happens to those issues when you start a sprint? They would have nowhere to be shown on work mode so they'd effectively disappear.

We don't intend to change this behaviour, but we will be adding a warning to the configuration that tells you if an issue that matches your filter is not mapped to a column so will not be shown.

Thanks,
Shaun

Ben F September 18, 2012

This was a head scratcher for me as well after we migrated to the new GreenHopper boards. A warning would be great.

Suggest an answer