Issues not previewing videos

Atlassian Admin August 13, 2020

Hi There,

I am in process of trying to migrate a client from a cloud instance of Jira and Confluence to the on-premise ("Server") instances, and they are running into a couple of issues as they are testing it.  Their main issue is that video (MP4) attachments on an issue are not able to be previewed.  What I have found is:

• The files under "Attachments" are not showing any preview, but rather just a generic thumbnail, but clicking on hem does bring it up in a separate window and there are player controls
  • The files that are in the specific comments on an issue do preview and stream
  • I notice in the cloud instance there is no "Attachments" section of an issue, so I am wondering if this is something by design or if there is a setting I am missing somewhere

Thanks! :-)

1 answer

0 votes
Earl McCutcheon
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 14, 2020

Hello @Atlassian Admin ,

Check out the following KB article it details a method to check the database for a possible flagging conflict for the thumbnails settings and also details a method to reset the thumbnails to repopulate them after a migration that triggers the read issue on the table:

Noting:

When loading an issue in Jira, the value in the database is checked.  If Jira finds a NULL value:  it will load the file from disk, check its MIME type to see if the linked attachment is an image file and based on that, set the thumbnailable flag to '0' or '1' for all future requests. A value of 1 indicates that the attachment is an image and a thumbnail can be shown. A value of 0 indicates that the file is not an image and therefore a thumbnail can't be displayed.

Basically, If you set the thumbnailable value to null the next time the image attempts to load it should reset the thumbnail value based on the mime type and create a new thumbnail where possible for the supported image type.

Regards,
Earl

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
SERVER
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events