Issues not in Scrum Backlog when I filter board by a custom query

Nick Wallis March 31, 2019

Hi,

I cannot get my story's to show in the backlog when I click on 'Create Issue' under the backlog and have the following query filtering the scrum board:

project = "PROJECTNAME" AND cf[12103] = "1026" OR project = "PROJECTNAME" AND issueFunction in epicsOf("cf[12103] = 1026") ORDER BY Rank ASC

I am using Tempo Teams however have also tried this with Portfolio Teams.  My key issue is that I cannot see linked EPICS in my scrum board without using the above query.

When I remove  OR project = "PROJECTNAME" AND issueFunction in epicsOf("cf[12103] = 1026") then JIRA automatically assigns story's under the correct tempo team however I no longer have sight of linked EPICS.

I have also tried to use Portfolio Teams however cannot get JIRA to automatically assign the Portfolio team when adding items in the scrum backlog.

Note: I am using an enterprise version.

1 answer

0 votes
Bill Sheboy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 2, 2019

Hi @Nick Wallis 

Maybe this is an order of precedence issue in your filter.  Try adding some parenthesis to ensure the processing order.  For example:

(project = "PROJECTNAME" AND cf[12103] = "1026") OR (project = "PROJECTNAME" AND issueFunction in epicsOf("cf[12103] = 1026")) ORDER BY Rank ASC

Best regards,

Bill

Suggest an answer