Issues moved from backlog to sprint return to backlog after page refresh

Mergen Yazılım A_S_ December 11, 2017

Hi,
In our jira server, we use scrum. We are not able to move some issues to any sprint. When we move issue from backlog to sprint X, it seems everything is ok. But after page refreshing or opening backlog view on another browser, we see that it is still in backlog. When we open issue in detail, we can see its sprint field is filled by true sprint but in backlog view it is still seem in backlog. 

Any idea?

Thanks in advance.

screen-record.gif

6 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 12, 2017

Hello Mergen,

Could you let us know what version of Jira Software you're running? It seems like it might be related to this bug:

However, this should have been fixed in 7.2.7, so please confirm your version.

Thank you!

Regards

Shannon

Mergen Yazılım A_S_ December 13, 2017

Hi,

Thanks for your quick reply.

I have searched but not found that bug report before ask question, sorry for that.

As you said, I checked the version and yes, it is 7.2.1.

After upgraded JIRA to 7.6.1, the problem has resolved.

Best regards.

Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 14, 2017

Thank you for confirming, Mergen!

Take care and have a pleasant rest of your week.

Regards,

Shannon

floriantrautmann January 15, 2018

Hi,

same problem here. But we have realized that bug after updating our Jira from 6.x to 7.6..?

Can you please help us?

Regards

Florian

Shannon S
Atlassian Team
January 15, 2018

Hi Florian,

If that is the case, then it may have a different cause. I would recommend replicating the error, and having a look at the Jira Server Logs. See if you notice any errors there about what is occurring.

Regards,

Shannon

floriantrautmann January 16, 2018

Thanks for your quick reply Shannon!

There are no errors in our logfiles. After reloading the "backlog" page the issue moves back from the sprint to the backlog. In the issue detail view, the right sprint is still selected. (same behaviour shown in the screen cast..)

Regards

Florian

Shannon S
Atlassian Team
January 16, 2018

There definitely should be something, so that's odd that there's no errors at all.

I'm going to create a support ticket for you so we can have a deeper look at your support zip. Please check your email in a few minutes for that ticket.

Regards,

Shannon

Roy Schumacher August 26, 2019

we are using  8.2.3#802003 and the issue is still present.

anyhing we can do?

0 votes
Srikanth Ganipisetty September 13, 2023

Issue still exists on v9.5 and raised a support ticket

Thanks,

Srikanth Ganipisetty

0 votes
Divya TV February 2, 2022

We see this problem on 8.13.12 Jira datacenter as well.

squizzypouet February 7, 2022

Hi, 
Same problem for me in my company, 
However, we found out that removing the content of the "Fix Version" field allows to work around. 

0 votes
Johan Scholtz September 2, 2019

Hi

We are experiencing the same issue now with this and running DC solution running version 7.12.3.

However I must also add that we are experiencing sync issues between the Nodes, Could this also cause the issue whereby Backlog items are dragged to to the new sprint and then fall back into Backlog once you refresh.

Shannon S
Atlassian Team
September 4, 2019

Hello Johan,

Welcome to Atlassian Community! It's nice to meet you.

Roy raised a ticket earlier but it looks like we are still troubleshooting that at this moment, so I don't have an answer as to if this is a regression or a new bug. 

I would recommend that you raise a ticket with the Support Team and link to this thread. They will then be able to proceed with troubleshooting and using your support logs in order to determine the issue.

Let me know if you have any trouble with that.

Regards,

Shannon

0 votes
Jack Liu December 12, 2018

I met the same problem now, any one have other suggestion or solutions?

Shannon S
Atlassian Team
December 13, 2018

Hi Jack,

The issue is fixed in 7.2.7 and higher. I would recommend upgrading Jira to at least 7.2.7 or higher.

If you are using a version higher than 7.2.7, then you will need to reach out to our support team and they can work with you to determine what the problem might be.

Regards,

Shannon

Roy Schumacher August 26, 2019

we are using 

• v8.2.3#802003

and the issue is still present.

anyhing we can do?

Like Shannon S likes this
Shannon S
Atlassian Team
August 27, 2019

Hello Roy,

The original case was fixed in 7.2.7 or higher, so definitely if you're still experiencing it in 8.2.3, it needs to be reported to support.

I see that you have done that, so they will be able to have a look at your logs and determine the cause.

Please feel free to come back here and let us know if there's a new bug ticket people should follow, as it will help should anyone run into the problem in the future.

Regards,

Shannon

0 votes
apr080 February 8, 2018

Have we got solution for this Since we are also facing the same issue.

Shannon S
Atlassian Team
February 8, 2018

Hi there,

The original bug was fixed in Jira 7.2.7: JSWSERVER-13530

The issue with Florian's case was that the Sprint field has a missing key via a customfield table. It may be that if you're already in Jira 7.2.7 that another field is missing that is expected.

Have you raised a support case for this? The team may be able to help you to determine what is expected, provided you'er already in Jira 7.2.7 or higher.

Regards,

Shannon

apr080 February 9, 2018

Hi Shannon,

We are using Jira 7.2.4 .Could you please suggest how to resolve this issue.

Regards,

Abhilash

Shannon S
Atlassian Team
February 9, 2018

Hi Abhilash,

The issue is fixed in 7.2.7 and higher. I would recommend upgrading Jira to at least 7.2.7 or higher.

The Fallback method is the better route in this case.

Let me know if you have any issues.

Regards,

Shannon

apr080 February 13, 2018

Thank you Shannon for reply

Suggest an answer