Issues missing in work view in Agile

Lars Sundell September 22, 2014

While comparing the plan and work view in Agile i have discovered the following:

In plan view there are 6 issues showing for a specific user, while in work view, only 5 issues is showing. The missing issue is a bit special:

WE have a custom filed called "Discipline". The board main board filter uses this to only show issues with a specific value for this filed ("Digital"). The issue in question is connected to an Epic with a different value for the discipline.

This works fine in the planning view. The only thing special with the issue there is that the epic label is missing, while the version label is shown. The epic is also missing in the epic column, but that is as expected.

However, I would expect the issue to show up in work view as well since the same filters apply in both views. 

We are using JIRA v6.0.1 and JIRA-Agile v.3.6.1

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Lars Sundell September 22, 2014

I agree, the view should be the same, all listed conditions are met in my setup (no work filter).

I did however find the reason for why one issues was missing. The work view was set to use Epic as swimlane. Since the epic the issues was connected to was filtered by the Discipline filter the issue was missing as well. 

Removing swimlanes (or changing it to for instance assignee) fixed the problem. 

A text message noting the user that some issues are filtered due to board setup could be in place i guess.

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 22, 2014

Your planning and work views should list the same issues, as long as

1.  They're all in the current sprint
  2. All possible status are mapped to columns
  3. All the quick filters are turned off
  4. The sub-filter does not exclude anything - check the board's main configuration page where you find the main filter, and look at the bottom for the "in work" filter

Check your missing issue carefully against those four.  Your "discipline" field is pretty much irrelevant here though, except as part of the main filter, which sounds like it is working ok.

Suggest an answer