Issues missing after migrating to cloud from server

Gbadebo Ogunleye November 25, 2022

I recently migrated our projects from the server to the cloud. After the migration, I noticed that about 1/3 of the migrated projects have at least 2 issues missing in the Cloud version. I initially though this was done with permissions, but I am an Administrator for the project with the highest number of missing issues.

Also, is there a limitation on the Jira Cloud free plan migration compared to standard or premium. If yes, what is specifically restricted to the free version?

2 answers

0 votes
Mayur Jadhav
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 25, 2022

Hello @Gbadebo Ogunleye ,

It might be the case that issues has issue security to them may be for that reason you unable to see if not the case I would suggest you go to the Automation rule and in condition, find JQL and write query,

Project = XYZ so that it will show you the correct count.

Or you may reach out to Atlassian Support for help.

Regards,
Mayur

Gbadebo Ogunleye November 26, 2022

Mayur,

If you can help on how to reach the support team, I will appreciate that. My inability to reach the support team led me here and I still do not have a solution.

This has been frustrating.

Regards.

Mayur Jadhav
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 28, 2022

@Gbadebo Ogunleye Not sure if you are on free if not you will be able to create Move ticket.

https://support.atlassian.com/contact/#/ 

0 votes
Rob Horan
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 25, 2022

Hi @Gbadebo Ogunleye ,

The best thing to do right now would be to review your migration plan and see if any of your migrated projects are less than 100% complete in their migration.  It sounds like there were some problems with some of the issues being migrated.  It happens - this is why testing is so incredibly important. 

Have a look at the logs and see if there were any errors.  I'd be happy to try to help further if you have more information.

Gbadebo Ogunleye November 25, 2022

Thanks for the response.

I have attached the screen shots from one of the migrations and as you can see, they were all migrated successfully at 100%, and the second screenshot shows no recorded error either.

The projects were migrated successfully and somehow I still have multiple issues missing across the board.Jira Cloud Migration.pngJira Cloud Migration_1.png

Rob Horan
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 28, 2022

In that case, I have to agree with the assessment that this is likely due to issue-level security.

Can you see these issues in your server instance?

Gbadebo Ogunleye November 28, 2022

Rob,

Yes, I can see all the issues in the on premise version/server instance (that was how I was able to confirm that several issues are missing in the cloud). I am an administrator on both platforms and a project admin on one of the projects with missing issues.

Mike Shaw December 14, 2023

Hi, Was this ever resolved?  I have exactly the same issue (no pun intended!).

Suggest an answer