Issues in active sprint don't appear in next-gen scrum board

Susan Duncombe April 5, 2019

I just set up a next-gen scrum project and migrated some issues from a classic Jira project (only 11 issues). I also created some issues directly in the new scrum project after creating it.

Everything seems to be working fine except when I go to my board for my active sprint, none of the stories/tasks are displayed. It's just a completely blank board, screenshot is below:

image.png

The sprint is active and has issues added to it, as shown below:

image.png

I noticed the small icons in the top-right have zeros for all three statuses for the project. I'm assuming this is the number of items within the sprint that have each status. This doesn't make sense to me since the sprint clearly has five issues added to it. If I open up the details of any of the issues within the sprint, it has the Pre-Design Sprint 1 listed within its metadata.

I have the out-of-the-box admin permissions, so I don't think it should be a permission issue. The statuses for my project also match up to the column names in the active sprint board.

I couldn't find anyone else with this problem so I'm guessing I'm missing something fundamental, but haven't found anything in Atlassian's documentation about what I might have done wrong.

Thank you in advance!

1 answer

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Earl McCutcheon
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 8, 2019

Hi Kyle,

When migrating between classic and next-gen the sprint data does not transfer only the issues do, and the issues use different data sources for calculating out the sprints, mainly the story point estimate for the estimation vs the story point used by classic projects.  The original sprint the issues were in before you migrated the issues to the new next-gen project is technically empty because of the filter on the old board no longer pointing to the issues, but is still tied to the issues that were moved so they are stuck in a logic conflict.

To fix this go to the original Board's active sprint page and complete the empty sprint, move the incomplete issues to the backlog and, then on the new next-gen project add the issues to the next sprint.

Regards,
Earl

Susan Duncombe April 16, 2019

Thanks, Earl. Ending the sprint and starting a new one from the next-gen project worked perfectly! Glad it was a simple fix.

Like Earl McCutcheon likes this

Suggest an answer