Issues do not show up, in Kanban backlog

Mick van Breukelen November 20, 2020

Kanban backlog.JPG

As you can see, I have two statuses in the "Kanban backlog" column.

The backlog.JPGBut in the backlog, I don't see anything. (I do not have any quick filters on & according to the "permission helper", I can see the five issues here.

---

When I create an issue, from the header, I get to see the following message:

Cannot see.JPG

Any ideas anyone?

Help?

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 20, 2020

Hi Mick - Check your Board filter and sub-filter to see what it is actually letting through. When cards are created, they will flash the message you see and then end up in the first status in your Workflow. That's usually Backlog. But check your workflow for sure - yours might be the To Describe status. 

Mick van Breukelen November 23, 2020

From board settings:

• Filter: Filter for Kanban board. Opening this filter does show me the issues.
  • Shares: I have no idea what this is and I haven't changed this either. It shows the "filter for Kanban board" and the group is the project I am currently working in.
  • Filter query: [project = CRF ORDER BY Rank ASC]
  • Kanban board sub-filter= fixVersion in unreleasedVersions() OR fixVersion is EMPTY
    Note that I do not have any versions, nor haven't I changed any status (as you can see in the main post image).

If I open the filter query and add in the sub-filter query, the issues do not appear anymore.

Opening the "fix versions" column, does only show an empty field.

Can I just delete this sub-filter?

Looking at it again.. "fix versions" column exist, fixVersion does not exist.
But writing in the query, it is fixVersions.

For now I have deleted the sub-filter [fixVersion in unreleasedVersions() OR fixVersion is EMPTY]

If I should not! Please let me know. Otherwise, the issue seems fixed.

Thank you for your guidance.

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 23, 2020

It is fine to delete the sub-filter. Are you seeing what you need to?

1 vote
Walter Buggenhout
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 20, 2020

Have you checked if there aren't any filters currently active? A quick filter e.g or an epic or version that has been selected?

No version-, epic- or quick filters area active.

Walter Buggenhout
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 23, 2020

As John is suggesting, could you check what the status of your issues is immediately after they are created?

In the example you shared (CRF-6) - what was the issue status when it was just created?

The status became "to describe", as expected.

I've created my own workflow for this.

The issue seemed to be the kanban board sub-filter. I don't understand why this default field broke my board, but deleting it fixed it.

Thanks for your help anyways!

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events