I created an epic for my project and assigned several issues I had already created to it. However when I go to the Agile board for that project no issues are showing in the backlog. When I click on the Epics tab, it tells me that I have 0 issues in that epic. However if you click on the link to that epic, it clearly shows there are issues in that epic. Attaching images for example (blacked out the project name to protect the client).
Took this from the doc:
"An issue will only be visible in the Backlog if:
Are your statuses mapped to columns properly?
Why is this here? I found the support article here but it doesn't explain it.
Your Agile board was probably created from a project, in which case a filter that goes "project = Project A" is created for you and applied to your board.
Take a look at this documentation and make sure the filter for your board isn't excluding the issues you're adding to the epic.
A similar issue happened to me. In my case, I had a couple of issues assigned to a sprint, and they were from project W. Also, these issues have an epic link, which is in project X.
My board filter shows the issues (from project W with epics from project X), but as I was using SWIMLANES BY EPICS (on the board config), and the epic from project X itself wasn't mapped on this filter, I think it was responsible for hiding the issues from the sprint board.
After disabling the swimlanes, the issues appeared on the sprint board.
I'm not sure if this is the right place, but I've got a problem whereby when I apply a filter, that excludes two epics, and the resolved statuses, four of the issues that should appear, that DON'T have epics at all, disappear.
Total issues: 57
Issues that I should see after applying the filter: 14
Issues that I do see after applying the filter: 10
The ones that are missing are the four that are missing an epic. They are in a To Do status.
The filter is:
project = QAVERIFY AND "Epic Link" != QAVERIFY-519 AND "Epic Link" != QAVERIFY-572 AND status != Rejected AND status != Done AND status != Confirmed ORDER BY Rank ASC
In my opinion this filter has a common problem/issue, that you spot, when you work with DBs. By saying:
... "Epic Link" != QAVERIFY-519 AND "Epic Link" != QAVERIFY-572 ...
you are really saying: filter all linked to epics but epic link QAVERIFY-519 AND filter all linked to epics but epic link QAVERIFY-572.
Saying 'not equal too' assumes, there is a value, so you just need to add null value and do sth like that:
... (("Epic Link" != QAVERIFY-519 AND "Epic Link" != QAVERIFY-572) OR "Epic Link" IS EMPTY) ...
Jira is a great tool to use across different departments. Forget that paperwork – switch to Jira and get that tasks done smoothly. Marketing Jira allows for a complete digital transformation of you...
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!Find an event
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!
Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.Host an event
You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events