Issues are not visible

Vanish Patel September 10, 2015

I made some changes to my filters (I think) to allow a project to be viewed only by a manager for his personal user. 

But for some reason, all my other boards are missing their issues and tasks which is an annoyance. 

How do I go about restoring this while keeping the filter open for the manager? 

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 11, 2015

It sounds like you've locked down filters that were in use on the other boards.  You'll need to make them visible again.

For the manager, create new private unshared filters.

0 votes
Pilar
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 11, 2015

It is possible that the filter was being used by several boards to populate data. I would recommend that you rollback the change to restore the missing issues.

Then, for applying restrictions you apply issue level security to restrict confidential issues only to your manager.

See this linkon how to set up issue level security

https://confluence.atlassian.com/jira/configuring-issue-level-security-185729623.html

Pilar

Suggest an answer