Issues In Epic Showing Up Twice

Rachel Paul June 2, 2022

I'm seeing issues that are within an epic showing up in the "Linked Issue" section as of this morning. If I remove this link, the issue is no longer attached to the epic. I checked the linked issue configurations for my project and can confirm no updates have been made on our end/there's no linked issue for "is epic of". How can I remove this?

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 2, 2022

Hi Rachel - Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

That's very strange. Is there an entry in the History of the issue for when the Linked Issue was added? 

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 3, 2022

This might be part of the transition from using Epic Link to Parent. But I would create a support ticket for Atlassian to find out what is going on. 

Please post the resolution here when solved. 

https://support.atlassian.com/contact/#/

Rachel Paul June 3, 2022

Hey John,

Thanks for the response! This morning, it looks like the issue is resolved. I didn't update anything, it just appears to look correct again.

Best,

Rachel

Like John Funk likes this
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 3, 2022

Well, that's good! I suspect something rolled out wrong with that switch over. 

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 5, 2022

@Rachel Paul  - Can you click on the Accept Answer button above so we can close this one out? Thanks!

Like Rachel Paul likes this
1 vote
Matt M. June 2, 2022

As of yesterday, we are seeing the same -- (in response to @John Funk, no History notes)

Epic level, all the Tasks/Stories are duplicated into Linked Issues.
Story level, displaying the Epic as a Linked Issue, as well as all subtasks under 'jira_subtask_outward'

This is the case on existing tickets, as well as newly created (ie. is linked on creation)

RepeatingLinks.jpg

Matt M. June 5, 2022

All good today - fixed itself.

Like John Funk likes this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events