Issue with the Resolution and Resolved date after CSV upload

Simon Goffaux May 28, 2020

Hello,

I made some researches and tried some solutions I found but none of them fixed my issue.

I migrated a project from 1 instance to another via csv and included the resolution and resolved date in the csv but those 2 fields do not seems to be populated... Indeed, when I generate the standard "created vs resolved issues report", JIRA is indicating: "There are no matching issues to report on".

However, when I re-export the tickets from my new instance, my 2 fields are populated with the correct values...

Can someone support me on solving this issue ?

Many thanks in advance

1 answer

0 votes
Phill Fox
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 28, 2020

Hi @Simon Goffaux 

My first suspicion with this is that it is a caching issue as the JQL search will primarily use the cached values to search whereas the export will pull the actual values from the database. 

I would first of all (assuming you are on Jira Server or DC) run a project index to see if this fixes the issue.  If however you are using Atlassian Cloud there is a known issue with imports where the cache is not immediately updated after the load from csv. You can either wait for the regular refresh or raise a support ticket to Atlassian asking for a refresh. 

If my first suspicion is wrong I would then look to make sure that you have not created two new custom fields called Resolution and resolved date during the import. 

If you are on Cloud then you may have fallen foul of the issue reported in https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRACLOUD-65502 if you had uploaded the resolutions first and then did a second import with the resolution dates. The fix for this is to do a temporary import clearing all the resolutions and then reimport making sure to import both resolution and resolution date at the same time. 

Hope this helps with the troubleshooting. 

Phill

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events