Issue with issue burndown chart

Stephane Renou December 1, 2011

Hi,

I am looking at the issue burndown chart that reports 1600 issues. Searching on my project, I have 500 issues in state open to resolve and 1100 issues in state closed.

How can I identify why greenhopper is not reporting the correct number of issue in the remaining value graph?

Thanks

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Stephane Renou December 18, 2011

After some exchanges with Atlassian, it appears that a csv import does not create all the transition if you import issues in a different stage than open. As the charts are relying on dates of transitions, they do not display those issues as closed as no transition were found for it.

Recommandation from Atlassian is to import all those issues as open and bulk move them to close to get Jira to create all the needed transitions.

See https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/GHS-4259 for more information.

0 votes
Adam Saint-Prix
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 1, 2011

Not sure where to start on this, but here are a few questions I'd ask that might help get you an answer:

Are you saying that GreenHopper shows 1600 issues remaining and no burndown at all of the 1100 issues that are closed?

Do the issues that are closed have an actual resolution or are they closed with a resolution that says "UNRESOLVED"? Do any of the "closed issues" appear in anyone's assigned to me list?

Can you post a screenshot maybe of the burndown chart?

Stephane Renou December 4, 2011

Thanks for the help.

Basically the 1100 issue that are in state close were imported already in state close. Currently in the Issue Burndown chart Greenhopper reports 1622 issues.

On the release display, I can see:

burndown

So I was hoping to see the Issue Burndown Chart showing 607 (289+318) instead of 1622.

The issue that are done have a resolution as if I filter all the issues that are closed and unresolved I get 0.

Also I have a specific workflow for my bugs with an extra state after the close, so I was wandering if that could impact the graph.

Suggest an answer