Luis Paz y Miño November 14, 2017

2 answers

0 votes
Luis Paz y Miño November 20, 2017

Any response?

0 votes
Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 15, 2017

Hi Luis,

Please let us know the following:

• Your version of Jira
  • Your version of Chrome
  • What is the current behavior of the issue collector in Chrome? 
  • What do you see in the Developer Tools > Network window when you attempt to load the Issue Collector?

Thank you for your help.

Kind Regards,
Shannon

Luis Paz y Miño November 17, 2017

Hello

Your version of Jira. (Jira 7.5.0 Server, self-hosted)
Your version of Chrome (Last Versión). Firefox (Last Versión)
What is the current behavior of the issue collector in Chrome? (It remains loading and the screen does not appear to register the incident)
What do you see in the Developer Tools > Network window when you attempt to load the Issue Collector? (The next message)

image.pngNote: When I run my site in Safari, this works correctly

Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 21, 2017

Thank you, Luis,

I wasn't able to find any details on this. Does the issue occur in Chrome and Firefox in incognito mode as well as with all add-ons disabled?

Do you have a page where I can test the functionality? 

Does anything occur in your Jira logs at the time the issue is submitted to Jira, or does it never leave your site?

Kind regards,

Shannon

Luis Paz y Miño November 22, 2017

Thank you

Yes, please enter this link.

http://auconsis.com.ec/collectorjira.html

Kind regards,

Shannon S
Atlassian Team
November 27, 2017

Thank you Luis,

I haven't heard from you regarding the Jira logs. Were you able to find any details on the logs from when the issue collector is clicked?

Kind regards,

Shannon

Luis Paz y Miño November 28, 2017

I'm checking the logs, but they don't show any problems. If you can check it from the link, it only works in Safari does not work in any of the browsers.

I understand that safari overlooks the problem and displays the window. The error that comes up when inspecting code in the browser is:"DEPRECATED JS - Dropdown builder has been deprecated and will be removed in a future release. Use Dropdown2 instead."

Shannon S
Atlassian Team
November 29, 2017

Hi Luis,

The message you see there is quite generic, and there could be many functions that are deprecated but not necessarily related, so you can consider the message more of a warning than a particular error.

I tested your script by creating an HTML document on my local instance, and I have the same issue. However, if I generate my own issue collector from my Jira 7.5 instance, I do not run into this error.

I would recommend the following:

1. Test the issue collector ensuring that both the Jira instance and the issue collector are on the same network, (i.e. the Jira server itself) and with no proxy in the middle. Have a look at how to bypass a proxy and ssl to test network connectivity for more information on that.
  2. Completely re-generate the script required for the Issue Collector and re-add that to the page.

Do let me know how that goes.

Kind regards,

Shannon

Suggest an answer