Issue type usage

Tomas Gustavsson
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 1, 2019

Is there a way to see if an issue type has been used or not, and in that case how often it has be chosen?

via e.g Scriptrunner.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 1, 2019

you could use a dashboard and add a pie chart to display by issuetype.

Tomas Gustavsson
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 1, 2019

Will try that, thanks for a real quick answer.

Tomas Gustavsson
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 1, 2019

Just as information Issue Statistics was even better, as i were looking for a list. 

Tomas Gustavsson
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 2, 2019

Follow up question, i did a search on issue type is not empty, and used this filter in the dashboard gadget Issue statistic and got a long list that showed 162 issue types of 278 is in use and how often. 

As an extra check, i double check a couple of issue types that were showed as, not in use, and i could then find that some of these had been in use, but that all issues for these issue types were resolved.

Now to my question: 
Does Jira or the gadget make any limitation, on e.g active issues, meaning not resolved once or can it be that we have to many issues in total and there were an limitation in the JQL Query of some sort? 

our jira contains

Issue Types278
Issues496520

Suggest an answer