Issue "broken" find running jira healty check

Chiara Squilloni February 26, 2018

Hi everybody.

I've run the healthy check and I found out more than 25k issue "broken".

The error occurred for those issues is:

The workflow entry with id 29848242 has an incorrect state

and the symptom is that there's no workflow options display for those issues.

But these issue are in the "open" status, so no error occoured!

I controll the workflow and it seems to be ok, the problem occours random. All the issues are open by a email handler.

How can I fix the problem?

1 answer

0 votes
jira guy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 27, 2018

Try the integrity check in JIRA. Check only the "Check Workflow Integrity" option and hit check. If you find any errors you can fix them right here. Screen Shot 2018-02-27 at 10.02.00 AM.png

Chiara Squilloni February 27, 2018

I run these control but no "correct" or "fix" is displayed.

jira guy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 27, 2018

Could you post a screenshot of your health check?

Chiara Squilloni February 28, 2018

sanitycheck.jpg

jira guy
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 28, 2018

At the bottom of the page you should see "Fix" or something like that in your language. Try to fix it

Chiara Squilloni March 1, 2018

No, I'm sorry no "Fix" or "Correggi" here.

The number of issue broken is HUGE! 29.643!!!

The problem is appened only in particular date and not in all project.

I can also correct the problem with a sql on the db but I need to know why this problem has occoured.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 1, 2018

Do NOT touch the database, that's the sort of mistake that causes these sort of problems.

There really should be a "fix" option after you've run the integrity checker - the "check" button will have changed.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 1, 2018

This problem can be caused by crashes, although that would only affect one or two issues at a time.

The cause of many thousands going wrong is almost always broken add-ons, or broken scripts in add-ons.  Take a look at the workflows and listeners that might be acting on those issues - do any of them do broken things like try to set a status rather than use a transition?

jira guy
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 1, 2018

Try reaching to atlassian support if you have 29k broken issues. https://support.atlassian.com/contact/#/

Chiara Squilloni March 5, 2018

Dear @Nic Brough -Adaptavist-,

we never did operations on jira database. Now, my question is, what does do the fix button? If these exists these issues will be deleted or what?

About addons or broken scripts, I will check it but if it is true why these problem has occured ONLY for some projects and ONLY in these days?

I'm quite disappoint.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 5, 2018

The fix button corrects the mismatches in the database, so the issues take the correct status in both places it is stored.

As the problem has been only for some projects, that's consistent with a broken workflow script - you'll probably find the culprit is in a post-function or listener, and I expect it will be a script written by an admin who is too inexperienced to be an admin that is wrong - something that sets the status of an issue (which is almost always the wrong thing to do)

Suggest an answer