Issue "Assign to Me" button does not appear

Osman April 3, 2020

Hello,
First, we use the Atlassian JIRA Project Management Software (v7.3.2 # 73013) version.
After customizing the "Assign issue" authority in Jira, we cannot see the "Assign to Me" button.

Can we make the "Assign to Me" button visible to all our users again?

I would like your help.
Thanks.  

1 answer

2 votes
Manon Soubies-Camy _Modus Create_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 3, 2020

Hi @Osman,

To assign issues to yourself, you need to have "Assignable user" and "Assign issue" permissions. Can you please check if these permissions are granted to your users? If you're a Jira admin, you can use the permission helper.

Hope this helps,

- Manon

Osman April 3, 2020

Hi,
Thank you for your answer. I have all the users in the "Assignable user" option. But I have customized "Assignee issue".

If possible, we want unauthorized users to be able to assignee only themselves. If the "Assignee to me" button is visible to everyone, we will have no problem.

Manon Soubies-Camy _Modus Create_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 3, 2020

The "Assign to me" button is actually linked to the "Assign issue" permission: if you don't have that permission, then you don't see any button to assign the issue, whether it is to assign it to you or to any other user.

The only workaround would be to add a transition to your workflow:

A transition can be added that will allow assigning to current user, without requiring the Assign User Project Permissions. This is explained in further detail in Advanced workflow configuration.

1. Edit the workflow.
  2. Add the transition 'Assign to Current User' and set the destination status as the current status.
  3. Update the Post-function to use the 'Assign to Current User'.
  4. Edit the condition so that it's only available for certain users, for example 'User is in Project Role'. This can also be done for other permissions, or groups.
  5. Add those users to the appropriate project role, group or permission.
  6. Publish the workflow.

Now users with that specific permission will be able to use the 'Assign to Current User' transition.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
SERVER
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events