Issue link to an deleted issue

Admin User November 9, 2017

Hello,

I have an issue with an existing issue link, but without the possibility to delete or show the link.

you find the issue in a jql-search:

issueFunction in hasLinks("is requested by")

In the issue detail view no link is shown. 

The problem is, that the corresponding issue is deleted. But the link is still there...somewhere... I am unable to delete it, but I need to delete it, because I don't want to get the issue as result of my search query :-/

Can anyone help me please? 

Thanks

Katrin

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Felipe Prusch
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 9, 2017

Hi Katrin,

To delete an issue link:

1. Choose    > Issues.
  2. Select Issue Features > Issue Linking to open the Issue Linking page.
  3. Locate the link type you wish to delete, and click the link type's associated Edit/Delete link in the Operations column.

When you mention that you don't have the possibility to remove the issue link from issue A to issue B(deleted), can't you see the trashcan icon in the UI to delete the link?

Other than that, you can check out the issue link through the database. The table is issuelink.

select * from issuelink

With this query you should see all the issue links on your instance, and the columns source and destination shows the issue A and issue B, so you should find the correct issue link by checking the correct information and than proceeding to delete it.

If you decide to do it through you DB, please never forget do do backups before any changes!

Hope it helps!

Suggest an answer