Issue Type Schemes

Megan Olney January 6, 2021

After copying a project I realized we needed to have different schemes to add custom fields. I created an issue type scheme and associated my project. Now when I try and change the Screen Scheme is doens't show in the list. I also created a screen scheme. Any advice?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 6, 2021

Hey Megan - there are 3 different schemes to take into consideration. The Issue Type Scheme, The Issue Type Screen Scheme and the Screen Scheme. It sounds like you might not have created a new Issue Type Screen Scheme - that's what actually gets attached the project. And the Screen Scheme is connect to the Issue Type Screen Scheme. 

Megan Olney January 6, 2021

Thank you so much! I did miss that one. Follow-up question :)

I've got all three schemes created, and the project changed over. I'm seeing it on all the scheme screens, but not as an option when trying to add a custom field.

Like John Funk likes this
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 6, 2021

You might need to check the context for the custom field to make sure it is associated with the Issue Type and the project you want to connect it to. 

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events