Come for the products,
stay for the community

The Atlassian Community can help you and your team get more value out of Atlassian products and practices.

Atlassian Community about banner
Community Members

Community Events
Community Groups

Is there a way (an API) to get the data of all the issues in the form of a clickable table as used in the JQL Editor? 
The endpoint used for the issuetable in JQL Editor is '/rest/issueNav/1/issueTable'. However, not able to used it otherwise. 

2 answers

Hi @Fida Zubair

mind clarifying what you mean by a clickable table? Do you mean the table/list of issues as is shown in the Issue Navigator? 

I don't think that there's a good API for that, but you can export your issue data as a CSV document and take them from there.

Yes. That's what I mean. 

Hi @Fida Zubair , 
I don't think there is such an API response that includes the actual html link to an issue. You can however generate the link yourself easily using the construct
{your-jira-base-url}/browse/{issue-key}

I want an API that would return all the existing issues in the table format

Well, the whole idea of API's is to enable you to fetch 'raw' data that you can than use to present it in a way that fits your specific purpose. 
If Atlassian would already present the data in a certain way, than it would be a lot more difficult for us data-consumers to freely use and transform the data to our liking. 

So as far as I know what you want is not available. And if I were Atlassian I wouldn't provide such an API either. No offense.. :) 

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Jira Software

Upcoming changes to epic fields in company-managed projects

👋 Hi there Jira Community! A few months ago we shared with you plans around renaming epics in your company-managed projects. As part of these changes, we highlighted upcoming changes to epics on...

14,778 views 37 47
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you