Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Issue Import not assigning new issues to "owner" included in import file

I have been importing issues that I extract from ManageEngine ServiceDesk into a CSV file. I have  saved config file that has been working as needed...up until a couple of days ago. I noticed that in the last 2-3 imports (yesterday and today) the newly created issues do not update the "Assignee" issue field with the "owner" information in the CSV file.

This has worked in the past and the most recent CSV files are created with the same process as before. I am using the same saved config file that generated Assignees in prior imports.

I can provide the CSV and config files if requested.

1 answer

Have the users you are trying to assign the issue to changed between imports?

Perhaps the user you are trying to assign the issue to does not have the permission of 'Assignable Users', or if you are creating the issue on their behalf, they might not have the 'Can Create Issues' permission.

@Dillon 

Thanks for the prompt reply. I don't believe that the users have changed between imports. I've definitely previously imported issues that have been assigned to these users, and I've done nothing to change their roles/permissions.

I have created a couple of Epics on this team-managed Kanban board so that we can have a "project view" along with the "assignee view", but I'm pretty hard-pressed to see how that would change things.

I will keep investigating and will update this thread if/when I discover anything.

My thanks, again, for your time and interest to respond!

-John

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Jira Software

👋 Looking for 15-20 volunteers to test Atlassian training content

Hi everyone! Are you interested in beta testing Atlassian University’s newest (unreleased!) training course? We’re looking for 15-20 volunteers to test our newest training course, Basic reporting...

596 views 21 25
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you