Issue Import not assigning new issues to "owner" included in import file

John Tucci December 16, 2021

I have been importing issues that I extract from ManageEngine ServiceDesk into a CSV file. I have  saved config file that has been working as needed...up until a couple of days ago. I noticed that in the last 2-3 imports (yesterday and today) the newly created issues do not update the "Assignee" issue field with the "owner" information in the CSV file.

This has worked in the past and the most recent CSV files are created with the same process as before. I am using the same saved config file that generated Assignees in prior imports.

I can provide the CSV and config files if requested.

1 answer

0 votes
Dillon December 16, 2021

Have the users you are trying to assign the issue to changed between imports?

Perhaps the user you are trying to assign the issue to does not have the permission of 'Assignable Users', or if you are creating the issue on their behalf, they might not have the 'Can Create Issues' permission.

John Tucci December 16, 2021

@Dillon 

Thanks for the prompt reply. I don't believe that the users have changed between imports. I've definitely previously imported issues that have been assigned to these users, and I've done nothing to change their roles/permissions.

I have created a couple of Epics on this team-managed Kanban board so that we can have a "project view" along with the "assignee view", but I'm pretty hard-pressed to see how that would change things.

I will keep investigating and will update this thread if/when I discover anything.

My thanks, again, for your time and interest to respond!

-John

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events