Issue Detail View - How Do I Move things to the Right Side

Christine Knobbe May 10, 2019

So in the new issue detail view, it looks like every custom field I add only shows in the smaller left hand column, even if they are big fields.  How do I move them over to the right side between Description and Activity to better manage my page space?

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Taranjeet Singh
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 10, 2019

@Christine Knobbe Please refer this documentation on what all issue field layout setups are available and possible in the new issue view screen in JIRA Cloud: https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirasoftwarecloud/configure-field-layout-in-the-issue-view-961798059.html

0 votes

I read this documentation.  Where am I missing my answer? Everything I read showed me how to move things between Primary and Secondary in the smaller left hand column.  I couldn't find anything that showed me how to move a field to the right side.

Taranjeet Singh
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 10, 2019

@Christine Knobbe The Primary and Secondary fields are displayed on the right side on the new JIRA issue view screen, and not on the left side.

AS far as I understand, you cannot add a field in the issue layout to show it on the left side of the screen, where Summary, Description, etc. are displayed.

Dang, I was saying right and left backwards.  Is this a feature that will be added in the future?  My right side fields are so numerous that I have to scroll a lot to see everything, and the left side is blank, white, and sad...  I would think Custom Fields that are meant to be paragraph entry we be better aligned to the left side of the page, and it would be nice as a user to be able to make that decision.

Taranjeet Singh
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 10, 2019

@Christine Knobbe I don't think it is possible yet, but you can keep watching the below page for any updates on the features added to new JIRA issue view screen, here: https://confluence.atlassian.com/jiracorecloud/the-new-jira-issue-view-938040503.html

Taranjeet Singh
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 13, 2019

@Christine Knobbe Did my answer help resolve your query?

Christine Knobbe May 13, 2019

It told me there is nothing I can do right now.  Don't like this new "feature" though so much.  Takes power away from the user.

Chris

Suggest an answer