Issue Description on Rapid Board

Mark DeMichele September 20, 2012

I noticed that the new Rapid board doesn't show my Issue description in the Description tab. I was able to add the Description to the main tab, but I'm wondering where the description on the description tab is stored. Will jira have access to it for reportining, or is this now internal to Greenhopper.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
sclowes
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 20, 2012

Wow, that's weird. It sounds your administrator may have created a second 'Description' field other than the default Description field included in JIRA. Could you check if that's the case? If not there must be some sort of bug - could you please raise it with support at https://support.atlassian.com?

Thanks,
Shaun

Mark DeMichele September 20, 2012

I just double checked. Actually, you're right. I had inherited this schema from a different group. Turns out they are using a custom Description field. I'm not sure why. I set it up now to show both, but haven't yet figured out how to edit the default description from the Jira edit screen. This part of the configuration has alway confused me a bit. There are lots of levels of indirections here, but I'll figure it out. Thanks. At least the mystery is solved.

Suggest an answer