Issue Creating tasks from an Epic

Alex Harrison June 2, 2021

When I am on an Epic I want to quickly add a new Issue (story/task).

I click on the + sign or on the "Create Issue in Epic" a box pops up and I can choose the type of issue and input a description but then it will not let me save it. I get a Yellow warning Triangle with the message  "We Couldn't Cerate the Child Issue. Check your connection, then give it another go"

My colleague is getting the same issue.  The connection is working fine.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Stephen Sifers
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 3, 2021

Hello Alex!

From what you're describing and the exact error you're seeing, it seems like the issue might be related to the changes in the new issue view. There is a similar Community post about the same problem where they resolved it via the following:

@invinci reported the following:

Workaround:

1. Click on Actions from New Issue View.
  2. Select See the old view.
  3. Again click on Actions.
  4. Select Create a sub-task.
  5. The form pops up and users can successfully create Sub-tasks within the current issue.

Source: We couldn't create the subtask. Check your connection, then give it another try 

Regards,
Stephen Sifers

Alex Harrison June 4, 2021

Thank you.  We can revert to Old View but do we know if this is being fixed in the new view?   Not everyone can see the old view.

Stephen Sifers
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 4, 2021

Hello Alex,

The original bug was tracked at JRACLOUD-69222, that bug has since been resolved. However, we're seeing new reports of your similar issue which is being tracked at JRACLOUD-76532 | Inline issue creation from issue view shows the incorrect error message when a required field is missing from the create screen.

Watching the new bug will allow you to track any updates to its status.

Regards,
Stephen Sifers

Alex Harrison June 7, 2021

Thank you very much.

Regards Alex

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders