Is there way to disable comments for group of users for specific workflow status

Deleted user June 13, 2015

Requirement

When issue turns to "In review"status, comment field should be disabled for specific set of JIRA users (it can be a group or individual users). Is it possible with JIRA v6.4.2

I tried using the property key jira.permissions.comment = disabled and jira.permissions.comment.user = username and jira.permissions.comment.group = groupname but that didnt work out

Can someone help me with it

1 answer

0 votes
Alexej Geldt
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 14, 2015

im only familiar with jira, not jira-agile. there may be better solution for this but you can always hide things on screen depending on some conditions using javascript. i would create new plugin which contains a js script in atl.general context. that script could evaluate condition using JIRA rest APi and then just hide the comments from the dom.

Additional Thoughts:

you can specify the users or groups that meet the condition either hardcoded in script itself, or you can provide a special administration webwork that lets the administrators to set up and persist condition parameters. Then you could expose a new Rest Service which basically receives username + issue and returns boolean weather the user meets the condition to comment that issue.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events