Is there is a way to have ALL Issues in search bar when Linking issues to a Jira ticket?

Ira December 3, 2020

Currently, if I want to link an issue to the Jira ticket it allows me to search only in Open issues, and if I want to link ticket that already closed, I have to provide an exact Key number. 

open issue jira.png

Is it possible to search for ALL issues in this search bar by open text? and how would I do it. 

Thanks in advance. 

2 answers

0 votes
Daniel Ebers
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 6, 2020

Hi Ira,

judging by the liked on this question in a similar (not so old) thread I think there is a demand for that!
By a very short browse to the Suggestions I found

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRACLOUD-75302 along with
https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRACLOUD-75143

Surprisingly they look like doubles and each of it has very low votes. I am not sure if they were noticed at all.

Normally it is suggested to vote and watch issues like this - but in this particular case I am not sure if they will ever gain attraction.
You could vote for it ("Vote for this issue") anyway.

Sorry that this is also here not a final solution.

Cheers,
Daniel

Ira December 6, 2020

0 votes
Liam Green
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 3, 2020

Hi @Ira 

Welcome to the Community!

I have yet to find this - so I don't think it is a setting that can be changed unfortunately.

I always use the exact key as you do, which does work - but relies on knowing the key.

Sorry I couldn't help further

Regards, Liam

Ira December 6, 2020

Thanks for the answer

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events