Is there any way to share Jira project to non license users

Deleted user June 14, 2021

Hi

When introducing JSW to the project managers at the company I was asked if all users working with them on a project would need a JSW-license or can users (other than project managers) have an overview on the project without permission to move tasks, update stories, create epics etc. 

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Alexis Robert
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 14, 2021

Hi @[deleted] , 

if you want to give users access to your Jira Software project, even without any permissions, you will need a Jira license. 

However, you can assign Jira Work Management licenses to those users (they are cheaper than Jira Software licenses) : this way they will be able to access your projects, but will not view the backlog or Kanban/Scrum boards.

If they need access to the boards, then they need Jira Software licenses.

Let me know if this helps, 

--Alexis

1 vote
Sarthak_Jain_miniOrange July 2, 2021

Hi @[deleted] ,

Yes, there is a way! You can keep some of your users in the Jira that will be counted under JSW-license like Project Manager, and manage other users using our mO Secure Share Issue for JIRA app.

This app lets you share your Jira with anyone even outside your instance via access links.
You are allowed to modify the permissions and security over those access links as per your needs.

We are in the development phase of getting a similar functionality for Jira Cloud. It would be great if we could get in contact!
I’ll be pleased to help you fulfill your requirements. And if possible, we can provide you with a beta module too.

Please reach out to miniOrange at atlassiansupport@xecurify.com or you can raise a ticket here.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events