Is there any way to search on the "Sum Time Spent" fields in JQL?

Amy_Hall August 7, 2018

I have some enhancements where the engineers have only logged work against the task/subtasks and not the enhancement itself.  I am tying to find all jiras that don't have ANY time logged against them, either in the task/subtask or against the enhancement itself.   If I could look for where the "Sum Time Spent", which seems to roll up all time, is = 0 this would meet my needs but I don't see anyway to query on those fields.  

I am looking to do this without purchasing an add-on.  Any ideas?

1 answer

1 vote
Mauricio Karas
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 15, 2018

Hey, Amy.

I don't know if I got your question right, but try using this JQL:

timespent = null

For me, it returns all issues that don't have any work logged in.

Kind regards,
Maurício Karas

Amy_Hall August 15, 2018

I can't use this because I will get a lot of false positives.  For example when we have a User Story and the engineers log time to the child tasks we shouldn't want the story to show as not logged.  Because the summation time spent is not zero even though that individual Jira has a NULL in the time spent field.  

I ended up purchasing a 3rd party add-on called pivot reports and this let's me see where there are problems more clearly.

Robert.Talintyre November 28, 2019

I am trying to do exactly the same thing - did you ever get an answer back on how to do this? I want to return any stories where time has been spent on a sub-task and not necessarily the story itself.

Suggest an answer