• Give kudos
  • Received
  • Given

Leaderboard

• Global

Trophy case

Kudos (beta program)

Kudos logo

You've been invited into the Kudos (beta program) private group. Chat with others in the program, or give feedback to Atlassian.

View group

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Is there any way to create a "Master" Epic - i.e. an Epic of Epics?

I'd like to create a Roadmap which clearly shows all the Epics under a major release. This would be an "Initiative" in Jira Classic projects, but I'm in Next-Gen.

But there is no way to group epics together in Next-Gen that I can see. Would love any help on how I might address this problem. Seems like pretty straightforward planning functionality but I'm missing something. 

Then I'd like to be able to view our Board in two ways, 1) all the items in the major release, and 2) all the items in any of the individual Epics. 

Any suggestions would be very helpful. Happy to provide any other information.

Thanks!

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Jack Community Leader Jan 05, 2021

Not in the Free version of Jira. You can look at Premium which provides the concept of initiatives which can have many epics.

Hi Jack, thanks for your answer. To clarify, if I upgrade my Next-Gen project from a Free to Paid, I will automatically have Initiatives as an option on my Roadmap? (I won't have to create a new project?)

John Funk Community Leader Jan 05, 2021

Hi Craig - you would have to upgrade all the way to a Premium subscription to get the Advanced Roadmap features to create more of that hierarchy for Roadmaps. 

But no, you wouldn't have to create a new project either. 

Thanks John. I guess that's how they get you. One layer of hierarchy turns out to be an expensive feature. 

John Funk Community Leader Jan 05, 2021

No argument there.  

Jack Community Leader Jan 05, 2021

Well I would argue that you get a tremendous application for free if you and can work within the limits. 

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Jira

Announcing the waitlist for Jira Work Management

Hey there Cloud Community members! We’re excited to give you the first glimpse of the new home for business teams on Jira — Jira Work Management. Jira Work Management is the next generation of J...

636 views 10 16
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you