Is there any administrator settings to get the max results of the Issues while calling the REST api

aagnihotri September 22, 2022

Hi,

I am calling REST api to get all Issues for a particular projects . 

Here is the result 

Issues-1.png

You can see here i used maxResults = -1 to get the maximum number of issues but it returned only 100 but the total issues are showing as 20000 approx .

Now i changed maxResults = 1000

Still it is returning 100 in first result set.

Issues-2.png

Now i can use startAt and then call the api multiple times by giving startAt =100 and maxResults = 100 but since total issues are more than 20000 then to get all issues i have to call the api 200 times which is very difficult . 

Is there any administrator settings for the maxResults so that i could set it for the maximum value. 

Any suggestion will be appreciated .

Thanks 

1 answer

0 votes
David Bakkers
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 23, 2022

Hello @aagnihotri 

The question about the 100 item limit for the Jira Cloud REST API's Issue search endpoint has been asked many, many, many times. A quick Google search for 'jira cloud rest api issue search 100 limit' will provide you with all the answers on the topic here in this forum and elsewhere.

The search results from Google will also provide references to JRACLOUD-67570 that explains Atlassian's decision on setting the limit, which in turn leads to JRACLOUD-67722 that is tracking interest on the request to increase the limit without resorting to paginating the results.

PS. Please don't paste screen grabs of code into your questions. They are images and can't be parsed and indexed for searching. Paste the actual code and format it as such.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events